Statement of Intent
Wimborne Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare, both physical and emotional, of every pupil both inside and outside of Trust school premises. We implement a whole-school preventative approach to managing safeguarding concerns, ensuring that the wellbeing of pupils is at the forefront of all action taken.
The Trust has a Safeguarding (Child Protection) policy which sets out a clear and consistent framework for delivering this promise, in line with safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance. Each of the Trust’s schools has their own Safeguarding (Child Protection) Policy, written in line with the Trust’s Policy and with the Pan Dorset Policy and Procedures.
Our commitment to safeguarding will be achieved by:
- Creating a culture of safer recruitment by adopting procedures that help deter, reject or identify people who might pose a risk to children.
- Teaching pupils how to keep safe and recognise behaviour that is unacceptable.
- Identifying and making provision for any pupil that has been subject to abuse.
- Ensuring that members of the Trust Board, Academy Committee, the headteacher at each Trust school and all staff members across the Trust understand their responsibilities under safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance, are alert to the signs of child abuse and know to refer concerns to the DSL.
- Ensuring that the headteacher and any new staff members and volunteers within the Trust and our schools are only appointed when all the appropriate checks have been satisfactorily completed.
The person who takes day to day responsibility for safeguarding on the Trust Board is: Liz West, CEO.
The person with day to day responsibility for safeguarding in Wimborne Academy Trust is Kelly Overhill, Trust Safeguarding Officer (November 2020).
Emma Boger is lead safeguarding trustee who supports the CEO in ensuring compliance and providing support and challenge to safeguarding arrangements within the Trust.
Click here to read the Trust's Statement of Intent
Click here to read the Trust's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Click here to read the Trust's Code of Conduct Policy
Click here to read the Trust's Whistleblowing Policy