Free School Meals online application
Who can get free school meals?
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit; this is as long as you're not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual gross income is no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' payment (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit: this is as long as your household income is less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who are paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or carer, can also get free school meals.
When you complete an online application, staff at Wimborne Academy Trust and your child's school don't see any specific information about your income or the benefits you receive.
Apply for free school meals
To apply for free school meals for a child in any Wimborne Academy Trust school, please click on the link below.
You'll need your National Insurance number or Asylum Seekers Service number so we can make automated checks to confirm your entitlement.
We'll let you know straight away if you qualify for free school meals and send you a confirmation email.
If you need any help in completing the form, please contact your child's school office and they will be pleased to help you. You can also contact the Trust office on 01202 922670 if you would prefer.